How dental implants from your dentists in Jackson Heights, NY, can give you back your smile
Many people don’t know that dental implants are just like having natural teeth. It’s true. In fact, dental implants are one of the most popular tooth replacement options available. Dr. Hassan Alamzad and Dr. Rihito Matsui at Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY, offer dental implants to restore your smile.
You need a whole, complete smile for many reasons. A complete smile gives you full chewing ability, which aids your digestion and helps your overall health. A complete smile is also attractive, restoring your self-esteem and self-confidence.
You could choose a number of tooth replacement methods including dental bridgework, removable partials, or dentures, but all of these options have drawbacks:
- Dental bridgework requires that your Jackson Heights, NY, dentist places crowns on the teeth next to the space. These crowned teeth form the attachment for the bridge. Dental bridgework just isn’t very conservative.
- Removable partials and dentures don’t always fit well, and can move around when you are eating or speaking. Dentures and partials just aren’t very natural looking.
Fortunately, there is a much better choice, dental implants! Just consider some of the reasons why dental implants are the best option to restore your smile:
- They don’t move around, because they are firmly embedded in bone
- They are natural-looking, because the dental implant crown material looks just like tooth enamel
- They stay beautiful, because dental implants resist staining, and they will never decay
- They are easy to maintain, because you brush and floss dental implants just like natural teeth
- They are successful, because they have a success rate of over 95%, according to the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- They are conservative, because only the implant area is treated, not the adjacent teeth
You deserve to find out for yourself why dental implants are the best choice to restore your smile. Dental implants can help you achieve the smile you’ve been waiting for. To find out more about what dental implant treatment can do for you, just call (718) 898-8080 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Alamzad and Dr. Matsui at Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY!
Reduce your child’s risk for cavities with this simple preventive dental treatment.
There are so many ways in which you can ensure that your child maintains a healthy smile. One way to do this is to bring them in to visit our Jackson Heights, NY, family dentists Dr. Hassan Alamzad and Dr. Rihito Matsui every six months for routine checkups. You should also make sure that they are properly brushing and flossing their teeth every day. However, if you want another way to protect against decay then it might be time for your child to get dental sealants.
What are dental sealants?
Dental sealants are very thin plastic coatings that are applied to the chewing surfaces of your child’s back teeth, or molars. As you might imagine, all the nooks and crannies on molars can make it easy for food and bacteria to get trapped. This issue compounded by the fact that it can sometimes be challenging for children to thoroughly brush their back teeth can put your child at risk for cavities. By getting dental sealants you can protect your child’s back teeth from decay.
How are dental sealants placed?
Getting dental sealants is quick, easy and completely painless (we know this is something that both parents and children are relieved to know!). In fact, our Jackson Heights, NY, dentist may even be able to place the dental sealants during your child’s next routine cleaning to make it more convenient.
Once the back teeth are cleaned, we will apply a special solution over the chewing surfaces. This solution will ensure that the sealant sticks to the enamel. Once the solution is washed away and the tooth is dried off, we will paint the sealant over the top of the tooth where it will immediately harden into place.
When should my child get dental sealants?
Once your child’s molars come in the sooner you can get them dental sealants the better. Sealants are a great way to seal out bacteria and food that could cause decay. The first set of dental sealants is often placed once your child’s first set of molars erupts through the gums (this is usually around the age of 6 or 7). At the age of 12, your child’s second set of molars should come in. Again, you’ll want to bring them back in to have sealants placed on these new molars.
Do you have questions about getting dental sealants? Want to find out if our dentists can place sealants during your child’s next cleaning? Then call Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights, NY, today and let us know.
A family dentist can do so much for you and your family. A family dentist provides a wide range of dental services and can treat all of your dental needs, as well as those of the different members of your family. One of the benefits of choosing a family dentist for your family’s dental care is that a family dentist treats patients of all ages, from children to adults. At Queens Professional Dental Care, Dr. Hassan Alamzad and Dr. Rihito Matsui are your family dentists in Jackson Heights, NY.
What is a Family Dentist?
A family dentist provides the same dental services as other types of dentists, including general, cosmetic, and restorative dental treatments and procedures. Examples of some of the dental services available through a family dentist include dental checkups, restoring and strengthening teeth with dental fillings, placement of porcelain veneers to conceal or correct imperfections, root canal therapy, teeth whitening, and implant dentistry. A wide range of additional dental services are also provided by Dr. Alamzad and Dr. Matsui at Queens Professional Dental Care.
The Benefits of a Family Dentist
There are multiple benefits to selecting a family dentist for your family’s dental needs, including convenience. Since a family dentist can treat everyone in your family, there is no need to schedule dental appointments at different locations. You can schedule appointments for several family members all on the same day and save time and travel when everyone is going to the same place on the same day.
Another benefit of having a family dentist means your children can continue seeing the same familiar dentist as they age. They will not need to switch dentists when they reach adulthood, as would be the case if they were being treated by a pediatric dentist rather than a family dentist. A Jackson Heights, NY, family dentist is able to provide the dental services your children need at every age, from oral exams and cleanings to sealants and dental fillings.
There is much a family dentist can do for your and your family’s dental needs. To see a family dentist in Jackson Heights, NY, schedule an appointment with Dr. Alamzad or Dr. Matsui by calling Queens Professional Dental Care at (718) 898-8080.
Tooth-colored fillings offer a few advantages that old-fashioned silver amalgam fillings can't provide. Jackson Heights, NY, general dentists Dr. Hassan Alamzad and Dr. Rihito Matsui help you keep your smile healthy with tooth-colored fillings, cleanings and other dental services.
What are tooth-colored fillings?
Tooth-colored fillings are made of composite resin, a flexible material made of powdered glass and plastic. Although composite resin is soft when it's first applied to your tooth, it quickly hardens when your Jackson Heights dentist exposes it to a curing light. Although you can eat anything you want immediately after receiving a tooth-colored filling, it's best to wait until the local anesthetic wears off to avoid accidentally biting your lips or tongue.
What benefits do the fillings offer?
Silver amalgam fillings aren't exactly subtle. Every time you open your mouth, your dental work is on display. Tooth-colored fillings are designed to blend in with your teeth, not call attention to your fillings. Before your tooth is filled, your dentist will choose a shade of composite resin that most closely matches the color of your tooth enamel. Other benefits of tooth-colored fillings include:
- Stronger Teeth: Although removing the decayed part of your tooth is necessary to prevent the decay from worsening or spreading to the other teeth, the process can weaken the structure of your tooth. Unfortunately, weak teeth are more likely to crack or fracture. Tooth-colored fillings only require removal of a small margin of healthy structure around the decayed portion, unlike silver amalgam fillings. Limiting the margin helps keep teeth stronger and reduces the risk of a crack or break.
- No Reaction to Temperature Changes: Every time you eat or drink a hot or cold beverage or food, your silver amalgam fillings react by contracting or expanding slightly. Due to these constant changes, your tooth or the filling itself may eventually crack. If this happens, you may develop a cavity under the filling or might even experience an infection in your tooth pulp. Your tooth-colored filling never changes, no matter what you eat or drink, which helps keep your tooth stronger and healthier.
Improve your oral health and your appearance with a tooth-colored filling. Call Jackson Heights, NY, general dentist Dr. Hassan Alamzad and Dr. Rihito Matsui today.
Your coffee habit has stained your teeth, and you want to do something about it. You've tried whitening toothpastes, but to no avail. For outstanding whitening results, consult the team at Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights. Their teeth whitening and bleaching treatments create Hollywood-bright smiles with no dental or gum sensitivity.
Dark, discolored teeth
How do they happen? Well, time can happen, as simple wear and tear thin tooth enamel, exposing the yellow dentin underneath. Injury can occur, creating fine cracks which hold plaque and tartar and change tooth color. Also, if you don't brush twice a day and floss daily as the American Dental Association advocates, your teeth will simply look dull and yellow.
Finally, what we consume stains enamel. Dark drinks, such as coffee and cola, and dark foods, such as curry and berries of various kinds, produce unsightly discolorations. Smoking cigarettes and chewing tobacco change teeth from white to brown.
The advantages of professional whitening
There are four major advantages to teeth whitening and bleaching at Queens Professional Dental Care in Jackson Heights:
- The process is safe. Dr. Alamzad or Dr. Matsui will examine your mouth before your whitening treatment. You should be free of decay and active gum disease. Also, because your dentist supervises your treatment, you know the bleaching product is of the highest quality, and the application is done correctly.
- The whitening gel is highly concentrated. The key ingredient is powerful hydrogen peroxide, a natural substance which literally lifts staining organic substances out of the calcified matrix known as tooth enamel. Teeth brighten by up to eight full shades of color and stay white indefinitely with good at-home hygiene and in-office care.
- You have your choice of in-office whitening (which produces fabulous results in about an hour) or at-home whitening. At-home whitening takes about a week of gel application via custom-made trays.
- You can get whitening touch-ups if needed.
Keeping a white smile
Once you've achieved your bright smile, keep it that way with:
- Diligent at-home hygiene and six-month cleanings at Queens Professional Dental Care
- Limiting staining dietary choices
- Drinking several glasses of water a day
- Stopping all tobacco usage
Find out if whitening is right for you
At Queens Professional Dental Care, your highly skilled team will tell you if teeth whitening and bleaching will help your teeth look their best. Check out the other cosmetic treatments they offer as well. We know you'll just love your striking new smile. Call our office today in Jackson Heights, NY, (718) 898-8080.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.